- The in-flight magazine on Malev Airlines contained a full-page ad from the Budapest Olympic Committee with the headline, “It is time to bring the OLYMPIC GAMES to BUDAPEST! So we can be proud ourselves again.” [sic]
- Lots of stuff named after Liszt, Bartók, and Kodály. Nothing named after Ligeti or Kurtág. That last link is as good a sketch of Budapest as it is of Kurtág.
- While only half a block is fenced off around the British Embassy, the American Embassy gets its entire block fenced off.
– Look, they’ve lowered the flag to half-mast for James Brown!
– Actually, they probably did it for Gerald Ford.
– Oh yeah. Probably.
Filed under: Travel by Ben.H