Thanks for asking how the painting’s coming along. The answer is, “not that great” but that’s because I’m not that great at painting. Some thoughts so far:
- Who’d have thought that painting a flat surface a solid colour would be so hard?
- More specifically, that so many aesthetic decisions are involved in painting a flat solid colour. What kind of surface finish do I want? How prominent do I want the brush strokes, flaws etc to appear?
- Contingency plans for surface finish go out the window as soon as I apply paint with the brush.
- I’m applying thin coats of a mixed colour. How many layers should I apply before it’s no longer worth it?
- I’m enjoying repainting the same parts the same colour over and over, partly because it keeps me from having to decide how to do the next bit.